As an institution that has existed to date thanks to its values, we strive to do our best to raise awareness of sustainability by not forgetting our responsibilities future generations when following technology closely. In this context, we adopted the “Taking Responsibility” principle as a new company value for İntermobil Otomotiv in 2019 to provide maximum benefit to society and the world. Setting out from our value of “Taking Responsibility,” we created the “Sustainability Committee,” comprising the Board of Directors and volunteer employees. İntermobil and the Sustainability Committee have carried out various activities since the first day it convened and they continue to progress in line with their goals by adding new ones every day. For This is Everyone’s World!
İntermobil was accepted into the United Nations Global Compact Platform (UN Global Compact) as a “signatory participant” on 3/16/2020. UN Global Compact, the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, with over 10,000 companies and over 3,000 external signatory members in over 160 countries, incorporates companies with responsibility in the fields of human rights, labor standards, environment and anti-corruption in the business world.
Global Compact Turkey, the local network of UN Global Compact in Turkey, supports the development of its members in the field of sustainability with the activities it organizes and the resources it offers, and serves as a meeting point for sharing best practices and establishing cooperations both locally and globally.
As a signatory participant we confirm that we will support the UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the fields of human rights, labor standards, the environment, and anti-corruption, and commit to publish an Annual Communication on Progress (COP) every year. We became a part of a whole by being accepted as a signatory participant. Thus, we gained access to local meetings to shape the global agenda and had the opportunity to help shape the sustainability agenda.
In this context, we will continue to do our part to raise awareness on sustainability, as we have done so far. We will work harder than ever to achieve our sustainability goals.
İntermobil was accepted into the United Nations Global Compact Platform as a “signatory participant” on 3/16/2020. By signing it made a commitment to integrate ten principles of the UN Global Compact in its strategies and operations and to publish an annual Communication on Progress (COP). The annual COP is İntermobil’s first report in which it shares the work it has done in the field of sustainability and the activities it is planning to do in the future. The report covers the topics of Human Rights, Labor, the Environment, and Anti-Corruption, which are the UNGC’s four main principles. All of İntermobil’s activities in these fields are shared in this report.
Although the report covers the period 1/1/2020-12/31/2020, as this is İntermobil’s first COP, important figures for previous years have also been shared and progress has been reported. We would gladly welcome your thoughts and recommendations regarding our COP. Please send your questions, opinions, or recommendations via e-mail to email@example.com.
You can check the report at the link: https://www.intermobil.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/%C4%B0ntermobil-UN-Global-Compact-COP_ENG.pdf
• At the Annual Assessment Meeting held on July 30th, 2019, İntermobil Managing Director Rıfat Perahya gave a presentation on sustainability to all employees and in connection with this he announced that “Being Responsible” was being added to İntermobil’s corporate values.
• The entire İntermobil team took part in the “NGO Fair” organized by Mazars Denge during “Global Climate Strike Week” on September 20th, 2019.
• On October 3rd 2019 a team of İntermobil volunteers formed the “İntermobil Sustainability Committee.”
• On October 15th, 2019 a “Garbage Collection Event” in Istanbul’s Belgrade Forest was carried out by the entire İntermobil team.
• Sustainability presentations were made at the WABCO Service Meeting, the VDO Service Meeting, and the ioto Briefing in Antalya on November 21st, 2019.
• Cooperation on “Sustainability Strategies” was made with Mikado Consultancy.
• The Sustainability Committee took part in “Sustainability Training” on December 12th, 2019 to learn how to create a sustainability culture and strategy inside İntermobil and how to determine the action to be taken. The training also include a workshop on sustainability prioritization and İntermobil’s priority sustainability strategy topics.
• The sustainability-themed İntermobil 2020 Calendar was published on December 21st, 2019.
• On January 22nd, 2020 323 saplings were planted to eliminate the 129,360 kg of carbon emissions released into the atmosphere on 559,938 km of flights for business trips taken the previous year.
• Office clothing, posters, and warning stickers and badges all with a sustainability theme were introduced in March 2020.
• A Sustainability Committee strategy meeting took place at the Octopus Volunteers Association on March 10th, 2020, followed by voluntary work at the Material Evaluation Center.